Niðavellir Shipyard

The Nidavellir Shipyard is a large UCM Shipyard hidden far away from any planetary system.
After the scattering of humans after the first Scourge attack many ships used their ftl drives and made an random Foldspace jump just to get away. Many of this ships found themselves alone in the dark, to close to a star or a black hole and perished but some made it to an empty place in space. And that’s how the Nidavellir belt was discovered. A collection of large rocks, asteroids in different sizes and collection of dust and sand. Exactly how this place come to be, far from any sun, placed in between systems is not known. It is believed it was created after an extremely unlikely collision of two larger celestial body, with no stronger gravity pull in the vicinity this collection of minerals and rocks have held together by their own combined pull of each other. The scatter of large rocks and the natural background radioactivity have created a hiding place. After the survivors made contact with the now formed UCM the area have been put to good use.

Named after the Norse mythology Nidavellir, the world of the dwarves, for its rich mineral and metal resources. Perfectly for foundries and a large shipyard complex.

This is the place to produce ships...


Saturday 7 April 2018

Battle report, well a test run sort of...

I guess I'll give my view of the battle report

Well so let's see. Me and my co-writer wanted to get up to speed with the rules after a long time of not being able to play. Well the best way to learn rules are to play the gamesystem so we set a date (that got changed) and we agreed on how many point we wanted to play. We agreed on 999p to keep it at skirmish level so we wouldn't overwhelm ourself with a larger force. But of course we had to try stuff we hadn't before sooo.
Commandcards check , admirals , why not.

PHR in all it's glory

My list

9/10 Launch Assets
Vice Director - 3AV

 Vanguard Battlegroup

1 x Achilles
2 x Calypso
1 x Bellerophon

Line Battlegroup

2 x Medea
1 x Perseus

Line Battlegroup

2 x Medea
1 x Orpheus

Pathfinder Battlegroup

4 x Andromeda

 There where some things I wanted to try out in this battle.

1.Torpedos, are they as bad as people say?
2. Bulk landers , how do they work ?
3. Calypso, electronic warfare sounds good, looks good on paper but will it work.
4. Overpowering launch assets, looks like many are applying this to PHR. Is it good ?

I won't go into the round by round of the battlereport since my opponent covered most of it in his battlereport plus he took a lot more pictures so I'll just focus on some highlights.

Interceptors scares me

So my opponent deployed interceptors in the first rounds that raced to one of the objectives. This gave me a scare so I spent the first half of the battle trying to keep my dropships away from them and wasting resources hunting them down. Stupied really since just 2 interceptors can't really do much against  medeas. I should have ignored them. I guess in larger numbers they can be dangerous.

Staring contest
I knew there would be a heavy ship in my opponents list so it gave me an opportunity to try out the Achilles and it's torpedo. Sadly it turned out to be a staring contest as he didn't want to deploy his heavy against mine if he couldn't use weapons free. Still it kept it far away and we didn't use our heavys as we wanted. I think it hurt him more than me. And I didn't get to fire the torpedo :(

The calypso worked pretty good and did defend my heavy from some shoots. Still 2 might be to much and I could use the points elsewhere.

Bang goes the Madrid
First time using a bulk lander and I like it. Plus the PHR bulklanders are Assault troopships giving them some nice punch to defend themself. Still you need some medea to drop some tanks as support or your infantry gets squished. Orbital bombardment is nasty against ground assets as a pocket of my troops learned. Totally destroyed the sector they where in like paper.

The first quiet moments
With 8 launch assets I thought I would be popping ships left to right. But ofcourse my opponent had 6 launch assets of his own. Still those 2 extra was what tiped the scales for me. But it only happend in the last part of the game due to poor positioning on my part. In the end my bombers killed one of his madrids and my fighterscreens protected my ships perfectly.

In the end we lost 1 ship each and the points resulting in a draw. We only made it to round 4.
Still it was fun and we're playing again today ( I know , I'm superlate with this report).

So to sum it up

Bulklanders - Good
Calypso - Can be good
Torpedos - ?
Launch assets - Good

Thanks for reading and cya next time
/Jinx 


No comments:

Post a Comment